
From Hamilton, New Zealand's largest inland city, to the other inland city of the North Island, Palmerston North. The next contributor was Helen Lehndorf, poet, crafter, mother of two boys and tutor of creative writing (I've left out quite a few other remarkable talents and pastimes, so follow the links to find out more).
My favourite part of Helen's spread is "I find anthropomorphism super-creepy. I like my tigers bootless and wild, wild wolves."

Helen sat on Response for a long time before she sent it back to me inside an enormous parcel of fabulous gifts. It would have been worth the wait even without all the gifts because I was enjoying following her busy life on the internet while she "finished writing a book... taught 120 people whow to write short stories at university... started a local Open Mike poetry evening,... sold a house then bought another one and moved into it... found out my youngest son has autism... made 100s of bunnies for five Craft fairs... and cooked a few hundred dinners."

"Right now my biggest RESPONSE to life is "whew" and "can i lie down for a bit?""
No comments:
Post a Comment